3D modeling is similar to drawing in the sense that you must have a plan before you start.
Challenge:Take a small sound and make it biggerThe challenge is to make a circuit where a sound is output and then to design an acoustic amplifier to enhance the signal.
Part List for circuit
- Coin cell battery
- Coin cell battery holder
- Momentary push button
- Small speaker
- What kinds of shapes might amplify our signal?
- What do most wind instruments have in common?
- what kind of cone should you design? Perhaps a wide cone, one that goes from small to large
- What should the thickness of the material be? Why?
- How do you enclose the electronic components?
- How can you attach the horn to the enclosure?
Drawing by Joseph Weissgold
- Where should the button be placed?